The Father of Seasons…
Scripture: Acts 1:4–8
“And being assembled together withthem,He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,”He said,“you have heard from Me;5for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”6Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”7And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.8But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
27 years – a privilege and a joy!
So many seasons…
The Pioneering Season – starting with a handful of people – full of anticipation
The Strengthening Season – Self sufficient and secure
The Carols in the Park Season
The Church on the Water Season – Including the Olympic Games in 2000
The Philippines Mission Season – Pastors’ Conferences
The move to Hornsby Season
The expansion of influence through Chaplaincy Season – Army and Chaplaincy Australia
The PCYC season – stable, consistent and reliable
Throughout each seasonwe(all of us) have worshipped, we have prayed, we have ministered to children, we have responded to the needs of the community, we have worked hard, we have setup, we have turned up, we have studied the Word together, we have preached and we have honoured the Lord in all that we have done.
And I truly believe that the Lord has been the author of it all. Narelle and I want to thank you for allowing us the privilege of being your Senior Pastors – we will still continue to be your Pastors but today is a moment of change and growth for us all… Thank you for your encouragement, support, generosity and willingness to respond to the Word of the Lord upon you. I have loved it – and I can’t wait to see what comes next!
On this Fathers’ Day it is appropriate to observe who our Father in Heaven is…
He is the Father of Seasons…
7And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority.
– When the Disciples asked if the Lord was going to restore the Kingdom, He answered that it was not for them to know or to control. The Season of your life is at the command of the Lord – the Father of Seasons.
– Your life, just like your church, travels through different seasons and the Lord has desires to be accomplished.
– What ever season you are in – you must embrace it and allow the Lord to teach you within it.
“And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.”
He is the Father of Promises…
4 “And being assembled together withthem,He commanded them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the Promise of the Father, “which,”He said,“you have heard from Me;5for John truly baptized with water, but you shall be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
– The Baptism in the Spirit – The promise of the Father
– You were never meant to do this journey without resources. And the biggest resource you have is the presence and power of the Holy Spirit! Don’t leave home without it! Don’t Step forward without it!
– The Lord is the Father of Promises – know them, hold onto them, walk in them and flourish!
2 Peter 1:4
“by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruptionthat isin the world through lust.”
2 Corinthians 1:20
“For all the promises of God in HimareYes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.”
He is the Father of Power…
8 “But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
– He gave us the power – He calls us to our purpose – He desires to be the Father of all…
“He gives power to the weak, And tothose who haveno might He increases strength.”
– We are destined to be full of power – in every season of our life!
– We must step forward into this new season with the Power that the Lord our Father has for us!
2 Timothy 4:2
“Preach the word! Be ready in seasonandout of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.”
On this Fathers’ day on the every verge of this new season for our Church let’s have communion with our Father
- The Father of Seasons
- The Father of Promises
- The Father of Power
Let’s have communion with our Father – a fitting last action for this season… a great way to start our new season asThe Link – Hornsby Shire…